Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sonnet 8: There are Girls in the Room Next

By Matt Olmos

There are girls in the room next
There is room in the place beside
I almost wonder what the word sex
And sometimes I believe this is life

There is youth right just over there
There is age crawling out my door
I want the years younger to be fair
But I know my days young are overboard

And so inside the temptation I turn the volume way up
And I give a shit what goes
Secretly I know I've had enough
Full on these things that I've chose

So boredom will find me listening to their voices still
Aching inside and knocking for my poor lack of will

No comments:

Get What You Want: April 2024

  1. PAC NYC- THE DEMOCRACY CYCLE DEADLINE: April 1, 2024 WEBSITE: www.pacnyc.org/the-democracy-cycle-submission-guidelines/ Over a 5-year p...