Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sonnet 27: Travel Writer

By Matthew Paul Olmos

What I want is to be a travel writer
Spring like a motherfucker out into the abyss
Just live an fly by night with her
And let no corner left unkissed

What I want is to give up the home
Let lie the garden an homemaker shit
Live by our days and only crash where we're thrown
Never stuck in life's family pit

What I want is supposed to just beyond one's only reach.
Impossible to make happen
an unlike the movies we see
It everything else I can only see trapped in

Dreams of letting go my day to day and money suits,
And spending all my time only on a life I'd actually choose.

No comments:

Get What You Want: April 2024

  1. PAC NYC- THE DEMOCRACY CYCLE DEADLINE: April 1, 2024 WEBSITE: www.pacnyc.org/the-democracy-cycle-submission-guidelines/ Over a 5-year p...