Thursday, October 17, 2019

Today's Reality Game: Premonition or Superstition?


- leaving a Midtown play and my sense said 'take a Lyft home, it'll be easy.' I ignore that advice and hop onto the subway for a quick trip but a signal malfunction has all the trains paused at the station. I get out and walk to another train...long delay. So finally I look up Lyft. I have a $15 discount so a ride from Manhattan to Brooklyn is going to cost $20. Inner sense: take the shared Lyft, you'll be alone. I take the shared Lyft and the other rider scheduled for pick-up cancels. I get home and the charge for the Manhattan to Brooklyn ride: .37 cents.

- having lunch at a restaurant and a lady passes by me. I can't take my eyes off her. She looks exactly like a friend who died two years ago. Memories flood back to me from years ago. Later on that same day, a friend is telling me an unprompted story about an artist who struggled with a recent relationship b/c he was still mourning the death of his partner. I realize the partner he is referring to is my dearly departed ...the one I was reminded of a few hours earlier by a restaurant patron who shared an eery resemblance.

-this morning I was talking with another writer about mentalist Derren Brown's show SECRET. There is a celebrity gag at the end of the show (don't worry, no spoilers). We both comment on how eery it is to use celebrities in a mentalist show b/c you're tapping into a shared consciousness. I mentioned the quantum theory that if you use a word or image, you can tap into a shared field of consciousness and begin to exchange information with another person through premonitions and things popping up...like a shared mind wifi among a group of likeminded people (race, culture, religion, beliefs, etc). Hours later, another colleague tells an unprompted and lurid story about a particular low-level celebrity that I don't usually think about AT ALL. Celebrity's name pops up again in another conversation b/c a writer is going to see them today. Celebrities name pops up again in another personal situation...3 times in the same day with 3 personal links.

No comments:

Get What You Want: April 2024

  1. PAC NYC- THE DEMOCRACY CYCLE DEADLINE: April 1, 2024 WEBSITE: www.pacnyc.org/the-democracy-cycle-submission-guidelines/ Over a 5-year p...