Thursday, May 30, 2013

Spring Sonnet 7: Nosebleeds

Nosebleeds soak my pillow as I dream
lustful wars and pillaging napalm
scarlet colors soaks the covers to seam
battles rage inside the sonorous calm.

When I was young I would have these night visions
 attacked by violent masked invaders
bullets and grenades flung with precision
walls blasted into smoldering crater
Never decoded these nightmares secrets
I just hoped it wasn't foreshadowing
buried resentment at my father's precepts
warning me of what my rebellion would bring. 

And the only ones who ever knew
were me, my pillows, my bed, and now you. 

-By Aurin Squire

No comments:

Get What You Want: April 2024

  1. PAC NYC- THE DEMOCRACY CYCLE DEADLINE: April 1, 2024 WEBSITE: www.pacnyc.org/the-democracy-cycle-submission-guidelines/ Over a 5-year p...