Thursday, April 8, 2021

Dream Journal

 Last night's dream: moving into a spacious 2 bedroom apt. I select the second bedroom. It's a nice cozy size and has books everywhere and a stained glass window of a lion. This was probably a Catholic Church library b/c of the stained glass. Then I notice that there's another elaborate window in another part of the bedroom and there's soft noise coming from the outside. And the beings on the other side have control over whether the window stays open or closed. It seems like the people on the other side are in a library or office of some sort. The business has a TV monitor on my side of the divide that's playing CNN for ppl waiting in their lobby. So I am forced to listen to the news in my bedroom when they are open for business. Annoying.


My mom and sister are coming to visit so I go to set up the first bedroom and I realize that I've actually never walked into this room. Opening the double doors, I walk into a massive room. It's built like a cathedral with huge gothic arches. It's big enough to fit an entire apartment. Now I'm definitely sure it's a catholic church. There are two very old beds and old furniture spread out in this giant hall. I immediately become worried about the main thing in a new apartment: mice. A place this big and old probably has tons of holes. My mom and sister show up I tell them there's a huge master bedroom. We walk in together and we notice it's not a church...it's a synagogue. Very clearly there's huge writing on the wall that's the Hebrew alphabet (how did I miss that before? Well it's a dream. Things shift, sweetie.) In fact there's huge mosaic of Jewish people around the world...and the mosaic becomes a sort of giant electronic GIF re-enacting scenes of Jewish communities fighting oppression, terrorists, and pogroms. It's around the world...in Sri Lanka, India, Australia, Eastern Europe. Thrown by a Jewish community in Sri Lanka, I keep saying 'Sri Lanka?'

We're also hole hunting and find some places where there's metal patches in the wall. I am really concerned about these old buildings having holes in them...so concerned that I completely overlook the fact that I bought an apartment in a very old stone synagogue. My mom goes to a huge closet door. I anticipate...vermin and all sort of scary things. She opens it and there's a curtain covering a HUGE NEON LIGHT. It's backward. It's the back of a neon sign facing the street that's for a Broadway Theatre. I bought a place in Midtown apparently. There's a musical advertised on the sign that's a Beatles musical or some sort of jukebox musical about a musicians in the 50s or 60s.

Learning more info as the dream unfolds/shifts: apparently I bought an apartment in an old synagogue and the other half of it has been converted into a Broadway theatre (what an odd steal.) We look through neon sign and can see people walking to their seats in the theatre. Now the closet window is actually to the mezzanine level of a theatre. And an audience is gathering. I realize that the window in the other bedroom isn't to a library. The ppl talking are probably in a theatre lobby.

Apparently I'm dreaming of having an apartment in a Broadway theatre and being able to peek into a cheesy jukebox musical while living in a very old stone synagogue with a moving mosaic of Jewish communities around the world.

My god!! I really miss theatre on some deep psychic, spiritual level. Also...would love to live in an old temple with books.

No comments:

Get What You Want: May 2024

  1. THE ACADEMY NICHOLL FELLOWSHIP DEADLINE: May 1, 2024 WEBSITE: https://www.oscars.org/nicholl/about Each year, the Academy Nicholl scree...