Saturday, December 31, 2022

Kwanzaa: Nia

  Nia (purpose). At the end of every year I do a review. I go through each quarter and then I go through each month, and the motivation behind what happened. Then I set goals for next year and meditate on that. At the start of 2022, my goal was to shake things up, have new experiences, travel. I actually wrote that at the end of 2021. I set it and forget it. And then see what the year brings. In every facet of my life the 2022 goals were accomplished. In art, career, spirituality, adventures, philanthropy. 

Now I'm sitting here doing my 2022 year-in-review. And I'm trying to think about my goals for 2023. And it's hard to say. Perhaps it's 'more adventure, more new stuff.' But it feels like 2023 purpose is something I need to sit with for a bit. It's better not to rush things and 'ask' for guidance in meditation and prayer. Sitting down tonight thinking of Nia for the new year and beyond. I try not to set materialistic goals because that is too narrow, but materials and wealth can be included within a larger framework. 

Thinking of Nia tonight.

No comments:

Get What You Want: May 2024

  1. THE ACADEMY NICHOLL FELLOWSHIP DEADLINE: May 1, 2024 WEBSITE: https://www.oscars.org/nicholl/about Each year, the Academy Nicholl scree...