Saturday, January 9, 2021

Mahamudra: Six Flavors

 


Six Wrong Views and Their Antidotes

1. Wrong view: Things stay the same for a while.
Antidote: Things are constantly changing every second.
2. Wrong view: I own this; I control its fate.
Antidote: Absolutely nothing in the present moment is in my control.
3. Wrong view: I am at the mercy of things randomly happening to me.
Antidote: One past deed caused both the object, and myself who perceives it at that moment.
4. Wrong view: Things are exactly how I see them, and no other way.
Antidote: I am imposing judgments on things; they could be different.
5. Wrong view: Things are coming from their own side completely.
Antidote: Things come half from their own side, and half from my
perceptions.
6. Wrong view: There is some part of the object that comes from its own side.
Antidote: It is all only my projection.

No comments:

Get What You Want: May 2024

  1. THE ACADEMY NICHOLL FELLOWSHIP DEADLINE: May 1, 2024 WEBSITE: https://www.oscars.org/nicholl/about Each year, the Academy Nicholl scree...