Friday, January 20, 2023

2nd Remembrance Day of Dad’s passing

 On the morning of January 19, 2021 it felt like we were heading toward an ending. I went to the beach to pray. There was a sense of urgency to wrap things up and prepare. After coming back home, the nurse came up to us at the end of her shift and just shook her head. I took out an iPad and played Bob Marley and Motown. My mom and I sat around his bed and held him. His breath went shallow and then dwindled into silence. We waited. I went into my bedroom and all the lights were blown out. Every light bulb. You are missed today and all days…dear dad.




No comments:

Get What You Want: April 2024

  1. PAC NYC- THE DEMOCRACY CYCLE DEADLINE: April 1, 2024 WEBSITE: www.pacnyc.org/the-democracy-cycle-submission-guidelines/ Over a 5-year p...