Saturday, July 3, 2021

The City of 'It'

 Goddamn these stinky sweaty streets. 

 Even when I'm away for a month and

 fooling myself into believing in cheap imitations. 

NYC has a kinetic charge that is unmatched. 

I wish I could export you to some much more affordable city. 

I wish I could Amazon Prime ship you to SoCal or SoFl or Chicago or 

places where middle class families have luxurious backyards with swimming pools. 

I wish I didn't have to touch down and reside in this overpriced hellmouth. 

But even back for a few hours, the charge is here. 

It's in the people, it's in the art, it's in the way people move. 

A non-physical urban rhythm which has a physiological effect.

 You talk faster, move quicker, spot the bullshit in a finger snap, 

'no you don't...fuck off...middle finger.' 

It's a violent editing of the eye when you do a quick up-and-down and cut someone to pieces. 

To know when something has 'it' because you live in the city of 'it.' 

The place where people slice through the fat and fluff to get to 'it.' 

Outsiders mistake this for rudeness but it's actually a kind of etiquette to say 

'don't waste your breathe....I know what 'it' looks like...I know what electricity feels like.' 

This place feeds off it.

No comments:

Get What You Want: May 2024

  1. THE ACADEMY NICHOLL FELLOWSHIP DEADLINE: May 1, 2024 WEBSITE: https://www.oscars.org/nicholl/about Each year, the Academy Nicholl scree...