Thursday, July 29, 2021

Every Argument for Change in History: Short Play

Change: this needs to change. It's immoral.

Status: Sorry, it doesn't matter. That's just the way it is. And I can't change it.

Change: But is it right?

Status: Sorry, That's just the way it is.

Change: But is it right, though?

Status: That's just the way it is. 

Change: But is it right?

Status: I can't change it.

Change: But is it right?

Status: you're an awful person and I hate you.

Change: But is it right?

Status: you are the devil. God wants things to stay the same, so you must be the devil.

Change: But is it ri-

Status: of course it's not fucking right. 

Change: so it's not right?

Status: Fuck you.

Change: So it's not right?

Status: I hate you.

Change: So it's not right?

Status: I'm going to kill you.

Change: so it's not right?

Status: ...there, I killed you.

...

Other Change: Hi, we want to change things.

Status: I thought you were dead.

Other Change: Did you know that this is wrong.

Status: ...of course it's wrong. You know I was just talking to someone about how wrong it was.

Other Change: Didn't you kill that person?

Status: ...look, that was the past. Can't we move on?

Other Change: yes, let's change things.

Status: Hmmm...I've been saying that all along...maybe.

Other Change: There. It's changed.

Status: Well, I think I deserve a medal for that. Maybe we can build a few statues, write some books about me. And you of course, but mostly me. We really did change things, didn't we?

Other Change: Yes, and we found something else that needs to change. 

Status: Sorry, I can't change things. That's just the way it is.

Other Change: But is it right though?


No comments:

Get What You Want: May 2024

  1. THE ACADEMY NICHOLL FELLOWSHIP DEADLINE: May 1, 2024 WEBSITE: https://www.oscars.org/nicholl/about Each year, the Academy Nicholl scree...