Monday, June 17, 2013

Summer Sonnet 29: Brand Name Stitched Into His Arm

He identifies with his disease
the badge stitched into his arm reads POZ.
Is this courageous note to appease
or a part of some new government laws?

Suppose I ink'ed my own affliction
on to my stomach. Instead of THUG LIFE,
my tattoo would read "WRIT CONTRADICTION'
with subtitle letter: "FILLED W/ RIFE."

But no one gets marked for their neurosis
New Yorkers would be first to bear witness
to splatter their therapists' diagnosis
down their soft belly like a grocery list.

Maybe this trends to keep our sanity,
but it has inklings more like vanity.

- By Aurin Squire

No comments:

DGWG: What Would Make You Happy?

What Would Make You Happy? When I ask this question, I rarely get an answer. 9 times out of 10, the person looks at me and says, 'No on...